The Nutrition Care Division offers nutrition therapy to meet the health goals of all TRICARE beneficiaries. We offer medical nutrition counseling to assist with weight management, management of kidney disease, diabetes control, health and wellness education, digestive health, sports nutrition and more. We offer one on one appointments as well as instruction in a class setting for diabetes education, heart health education and weight management instruction on a weekly basis. Patients may obtain access to the nutrition care clinic through any primary care provider or they may self-refer for nutrition care services.
Mission & Vision
The mission of the Nutrition Care Clinic is:
- Procurement, receipt, storage, preparation, and delivery or sale of safe, wholesome, and appealing foods to patients and other authorized persons.
- Timely delivery of medical nutrition therapy (MNT) and nutrition education to TRICARE beneficiaries in a variety of settings (inpatient wards, outpatient clinics, military units, and community organizations).
- Provision of consultant services in nutrition to other health care providers and food service operations in the community.
The Nutrition Care Clinic will be an organization characterized by:
- People who want to come to work and make a difference each day.
- Customers who find personal value in the food and nutrition services we provide.
- Optimal utilization of nutrition care expertise and resources.
- Fit For Performance Weight Loss Program for Active Duty Service Members (Meets nutrition counseling requirement for Army Body Composition Program, AR 600-9)
- Adult Weight Loss Class for Beneficiaries
- Diabetes Class
- Heart Healthy Class
- Pregnancy Nutrition Class
- Bariatric Class (Must be enrolled in Bariatric Pathway)
One-on-One Appointments Offered
Meet with a Registered Dietitian (RDN) to develop an individualized medial nutrition therapy (MNT) plan to meet your specific diet and lifestyle needs. Please note that if your nutrition concern is covered by a class that we offer, you must attend the class before you will be scheduled for a one-on-one appointment.